Stillorgan Dental Care provide expert care and root canal treatment in Dublin
At Stillorgan Dental Care we believe in providing expert care to all our patients, and offer root canal treatments from our practice in South Dublin. A root canal treatment may be required for a number of reasons, and at Stillorgan Dental Care you can be sure you are receiving the finest care and attention if you undergo root canal treatment. If you’re searching for a root canal in Dublin, contact us today, to see how our expert team can help you with your root canal treatment.
Reasons a patient may require root canal treatment
Root canal treatments are required for a number of reasons, many of which are outlined below:
- If the tooth’s nerve is infected or inflamed root canal treatment can resolve severe pain.
- Dental trauma or injury often is resolved with root canal treatment.
- Dental decay can be rectified with root canal treatments.
- A cracked tooth can require root canal treatment.
- Periodontal disease often requires root canal treatment to resolve.
- Micro-leakage is often resolved with root canal treatment.
- An asymptomatic abscess is treated with a root canal, even with no pain present.
- If a tooth’s pulp (nerve/tissues) died a slow death because of age root canal treatment is required.
- The dentist may electively require root canal treatment in advance of restoring your tooth.
What to expect from your root canal treatment in Dublin
We carry out root canal treatments over two visits. The root canal procedure is performed under local anaesthetic. We use up-to-date rotary techniques to achieve the best results for our patients for every root canal treatment. Often after a root canal treatment the tooth requires rebuilding as commonly the tooth crown is heavily restored. Anchorage is essential between the crown portion of the tooth above gum level and the root structure below the gum. Post and core placement is how we achieve this strength and anchorage. For more information on root canal treatments from Stillorgan Dental Care contact us on 01 288 6291 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.